Development of Irrigation Water Right
Organization: Mineral County Fairgrounds Association
Date Approved: March 2018
Basin Funds: $9,190
State Funds: $0
The Mineral Park Ranch Ditch was constructed in 1895 for agricultural irrigation, and is currently used by the Mineral County Fairgrounds Association to water native grasses. In the course of stream channel reconstruction and remediation of contaminated soil, the Lower Willow Creek Restoration Company replaced the old headgate with a new one. This project funded the construction of 1,165 feet of buried pipeline to carry water from the new headgate across capped and reclaimed land to the existing ditch, maintaining the water right while preventing contamination from the remediated area.